Jam has been around for centuries. Many ancient civilizations were known to preserve fruits by drying them in the sun, and today, jam has remained a popular condiment all around the world with flavors as diverse as strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, peach, blackberry, boysenberry, huckleberry, banana, sweet chili, and even jalapeño. There are many more jam flavors than these and even more ways to enjoy them. Here are six ways to enjoy delicious jams:
- In a smoothie- Most jams are just fruit, so why not blend some in your morning smoothie? You won’t have to add extra sugar or sweeteners either since jam is sweet enough already.
- Between cake layers- If you want something besides frosting on your cake, jam is an excellent alternative. It’s great for many kinds of cakes for many different occasions, such as birthdays, anniversaries, or holiday parties.
- On ice cream- Don’t have any ice cream toppings? Drizzle a bit of jam over your ice cream flavor of choice and enjoy.
- In oatmeal- If you want to add some more flavor to your oatmeal, try stirring in a spoonful of jam. Maybe add some fresh fruit on top as well for extra sweetness.
- On steak- Okay, this one sounds a bit weird, but you might be surprised how tasty it can be. You don’t have to use a fruit jam either if it seems too strange to you. There are plenty of savory jams you can choose.
- Over pancakes and waffles- Jam is a great topping for plenty of popular breakfast foods, including pancakes, waffles, French toast, and biscuits.
Check out our assortment of jams at The Benton Boutique and start enjoying your food in a new way.